instagram arrow-down
Randy Tinseth

Recent Posts

Touchdown in Seattle

RANDY'S JOURNAL: A BOEING BLOG

Less than one week after completing its first flight at Boeing South Carolina, the first 787-10 made a cross-country trek on Thursday to Seattle’s Boeing Field. The airplane will now begin comprehensive flight testing based out of Puget Sound. Enjoy the photos of the arrival in Seattle from photographer Craig Larsen.

7 comment on “Touchdown in Seattle

• Howie schwed
    January 10, 2018 | 4:58 pm

Great photos, thank you. Keep them comming.

• Paolo Seravesi
    January 11, 2018 | 4:44 am

Hi, I would like to know which is the future of the 747-8 I. from what I can see no others airlines are going to add this model to their fleet, nor add any other units. I usually fly with Lufthansa 747-8I and it's a magnificent machine… strange also that any American airlines will not add this icon to their fleet.

• Randy Tinseth
      January 11, 2018 | 11:17 am

The 747-8 is going to be flying for decades to come, both the passenger and freighter versions. Going forward, the future of the airplane will be on the cargo side. But the passenger version is still a great option for VIP customers and heads of state.

• Jeff
      January 11, 2018 | 11:18 am

I have also read a lot on the subject and the consensus is the same … 2 engines are less expensive to maintain than 4. The 747-8 is truly a great aircraft, but if the 777-10 is a sure bet then that will be the last nail in the coffin for the 747 as we know it. The 777-9 took a big chunk already … it'll be a sad when we see it go, but the good news is that there's still plenty of them in the air so we'll enjoy seeing them for several years yet to come….

• Jeff
        January 11, 2018 | 11:19 am

Excuse my typos … in a hurry, LOL.

• Maurice Askew
    January 23, 2018 | 1:27 pm

Where can I purchase a poster sized picture of the 747-8 in passenger and freighter models flying together?

• Randy Tinseth